Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 2 - Mt. Kilimanjaro

Paulie text me 3 times today after he arrived at Machame Camp. He said the climb was very hard but he feels great. "It's incredible"...Marmoto just brought dinner..I have to stop or I'll explode. Lala salama, (Sleep well in Swahili).

It is 7:30AM of day 2 - Today Paulie will climb to Shira Camp. The elevation is 12,300'. It will take 7 hours to hike, about 3.75 miles and the elevation change will be +3,000'. It will be mostly dry. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 37°F on Thu morning, min 28°F on Thu night). Wind will be generally light.

I am so tired since Paulie left. I am not sleeping well, only about 4 hours a night and when you have to get up at 4:30AM that hurts!

Lala salama

2 comments:

Lynn said...

3,000 feet in one day is a monster - I know from experience. Sending good nitawaza your way, Paul.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Vicki!!!

Vikki said...

Thanks Lynn. It is so good for me to know you guys are reading my blog.

Good night.

Love,

Vikki