Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesdays with Maggie ~ In my heart


Something about these two are special. Something in my heart just told me that we had to get these two horses to our farm and stat! I don’t know if it’s the extremely terrible circumstances they endured or their photos on the shelter’s website reflecting the neglect that they endured for far too long. Whatever it may be, in my heart I just knew we had to get them both. We had already decided to get one but something was just bothering me. Why did we have to decide? After several discussions we all came to the same conclusion: they must stay together. So on Sunday, Dee drove to Modesto to pick up our newest kids, to which we apply named, Faith & Justice. These two lovely horses were part of a herd that were dumped and left to die. They are just so sweet and so bonded, I am so glad we made the right decision. There is much to do with our little Faith and Justice. Both need extensive hoof reconditioning, which Super Rachel, will be able to tackle. They also need to add some weight to their skinny little frames but so far, have been enjoying their special feed. I am so very grateful for ACFB and that these two have a forever home. Together. This is why we do what we do. For animals who have been dealt a sometimes rather cruel fate, we can make amends with them and let them know that we aren’t all bad. I can’t wait to get to know them better and let them know they are wanted and loved. And they will be forever, in my heart.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ahh, Can't wait to meet the "new kids" at the ranch. They will love their new forever home and appreciate the good food and love they will receive. Blessings...
Sue