Friday, May 7, 2010

With Love and Thanks

I have been thinking about the path I have walked since meeting Dee and Woody in January of 2009. Little did I know that I would be writing to you today as their Director of Marketing for A Chance for Bliss. I am pleased and honored to be a part of this incredible organization.

If you have been to the Sanctuary, you know you have stepped into a very special place. A wonderful feeling comes over you that goes right to your heart and soul. My friend Alison summed it up perfectly: "God is everywhere there."

I had never heard of a place that takes in animals and cares for them to the end of their days. As a hospice volunteer for Sutter Roseville Medical Center, this novel concept for animals attracted me. From the first time I stepped into Dee & Woody’s home, I was hooked. Inside, there were dogs everywhere! Outside were horses and barn cats, geese, ducks, goats, sheep and potbelly pigs. This city girl was enthralled to be surrounded by so many of God’s creatures. I’m here to stay!

There is much to do to keep a non-profit afloat these days. The show must go on ... all the time. We survive on less than a shoestring budget and rely heavily on the goodness of others. That goodness is coming from all directions, and we are so grateful for the incredible connections we have made. Who'd have thought we would have a Fashion Show by Halo Salon & Day Spa as a fundraiser! (see our home page for details).

Then, there’s our official Spokespig. Who’d have thought Homer would be the most popular pig on Facebook! Mr. Le Porc will be giving you a 'pigs-eye' view of life here at the Sanctuary from his unique perspective. So, stay tuned!

Know that each one of you has made an incredible difference in the quality of care of our animals. Your continued kindness and support mean so much to us. We keep asking, and you keep giving. A thousand thanks and blessings to you all.

No comments: