Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesdays with Maggie ~ Spring


Spring.
I cannot begin to describe how much I just love Spring here in Northern California. The days are getting longer, everything is blooming, it’s the perfect temperature, and the horses are shedding their furry winter coats and looking just mah-valous!
Last Saturday I participated in LBHA’s (Loomis Basin Horseman’s Association) trail maintenance day at Traylor Ranch. And as most of you know, we use those trails quite a bit. So it was my absolute pleasure to help out. We filled holes in the trails, cut back blackberry bushes (I can’t WAIT for the blackberries to bloom – hello pie!!), trimmed trees that normally we have to duck underneath while passing through. LBHA will be out there once a month to maintain the growth throughout the Spring and Summer. Since Placer County no longer has the funds to maintain the property, it’s up to us to keep it useable. I rode out there last night at Sunset and I can tell you it looks great. They mowed the grasses with a tractor so it’s not as easy for Zulu to grab a bite while we are on the trail. Speaking of which, here is a picture of Zu helping me at Traylor Ranch. He was my “mower” while I helped trim. He was the perfect assistant.
Trust me when I say I am not taking this wonderful time of year for granted, I know the heat is just around the corner. In the meantime, I encourage you to come visit us and see the beauty for yourself. Thank you Dee & Woody for allowing me to have this experience.

No comments: