Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pay it forward.......

David ("Woody") has been on a mission to obtain donations from businesses near and far. Grants, gifts and donations of goods... Well, he happened upon a company called 'FreshPet'. I am not sure of the total details, but I was sent on a driving task to San Francisco to obtain the donation of 111 cases of pet snacks and food!!!

Linda Beenau of Wonder Dog Rescue of San Francisco

I had that food crammed into the car so tight in spots, I swear I heard a burp from being too full. What a blessing it is to have such folks donate to us, THANK YOU FreshPet!!!

Linda runs a dog rescue like I mentioned, Wonder Dog Rescue, and she has been such a giving person to the many critters that find their way to her to be placed into a new permanant home. As most rescues can tell you, funds are tight, but even in this challenged time, Linda still donates to OUR charity. Linda is making a dream come true for the cutest child back East (Matthew) by organizing the transfer of one of her pups (Harry) to the East coast! By law, A Chance for Bliss cannot donate to a non-charity, and Linda's 501c3 is still in the process. However, upon hearing about Harry and Matthew, Woody, Deanna and I got out our personal checkbooks and gathered $100.00 to donate for the journey of this soul. If you would like to see this love in action, please see Linda's news page. The video postings are absolutely precious. Linda, once again, you are an angel and it is such a wonderful feeling inside to know you....

Can you see the smiles in the below picture??? Sunshine, Harmony and Trix!!! We knew about the water fetish of Harmony and Sunshine, but the minute Deanna turned on the hose to rinse the back patio, Trix jumped in so fast, it was so adorable!!! I think I will check the doctor bill to make sure they actually did the surgery, she does NOT act like it...

Sunshine * Trix * Harmony

Just a side note, my little Pinky made it through the dog door today!!! She is the only one that simply refuses to have ANY part of it, but today made it happen. I squished her so much, I think her eyes buldged out of her head just a little bit more! tee hee....

I look forward to the weekend and the many more hours with our critters on a daily basis, thanks Deanna and Woody for this opportunity....

Until we meet again
Guyster

No comments: