Monday, November 30, 2009

I Am So Grateful! ~ Woody

As I write this blog, I am feeling very thankful, literally bursting with appreciation, and since I am not one to keep things to myself, I thought I would share.

We are, of course, in the midst of some challenges and when we focused on that, it literally kept us paralyzed. But as soon as we made our situation public, a stream of support has flowed in that has been overwhelming, and as we have changed our focus, it has energized and renewed us. Very much like the scene in 'It’s A Wonderful Life' when the community comes together to save the Building and Loan, and Jimmy Stewart, realizing his life is meaningful, stands in his living room, speechless as neighbor after neighbor comes in to donate. Wow!

The feeling has been the same for Dee and me. We have received help from many we know, but even more help from those we have never met. People of every possible social category have come together to support the work we started 9 years ago. The reach of the sanctuary has now gone well beyond Dee and I, and is beginning to gain extraordinary momentum, and with that, starting to effect real change in the way our world views animals at the end of their lives.

We have raised more than $41,000, and are more than half way to our goal, and with each day there is more and more energy that is building. The sense of kindness and goodness is palatable, and even when that energy has not yet manifested in some concrete event, you cannot help but to feel it at the sanctuary. The animals feel it. Dee and I feel it and visitors feel it. It is a marvelous thing to behold and witness.

And so I am grateful. I am thankful, and I am hopeful.

And I am so for all those who have come into our lives to help us continue to serve animals that no one wants, and treat them with the dignity and honor they deserve, and allow them to pass when they chose, and in doing so, offer them A Chance For Bliss.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Woody


Photo or Woody & Nelly courtesy of Crystal Showalter

No comments: