Friday, July 25, 2008

July is Flying By

I have no big events to report but a few nice photos to share.

On the fundraising end, we've opened up one more small avenue for feed money ~ Guy and I are posting my CDs on eBay, sometimes singly, sometimes as an "instant collection." It's an interesting process and proving to be a bit more profitable than taking them to a store. I must have near 500 (without parting with my beloved Elton John and Dwight Yoakam complete collections), and they're all loaded into iTunes on the computer, so we're hoping to raise a small but steady amount by selling off the discs in manageable weekly lots. So far, nothing has expired without being purchased - that's a good sign!

I'll start with a nice shot of Eddie, who is always happy to greet any visitor to his pasture. He is a pleasure to have around.


I have to admit that I have fallen head over heels in love with Jackson, the decrepit old goat. He gets regular attention from me throughout the day and I always bear a snack. He loves fruit especially. Today, for instance, he had a banana, frozen mango, applesauce, corn on the cob, carrots, sweet potato and several small portions of senior horse grain fortified with Pawier, ground flax seed, joint supplements and corn oil. He is filling out already, which I love to see.


An interesting note from last night's doggie dinner: When we removed the pan from the oven and set it on the counter, it completely shattered. We never expected Pyrex to do that and are grateful that we had lined the pan with foil for ease of cleaning. Otherwise, the meal would have been wasted and we would have had a mutiny on our hands, since most of the pups gather in the kitchen to await dinner once they smell it cooking. :o)


Finally, the nieghbors' grandchildren came to play today in our most recent Craigslist score ~ an easyset pool that Guy and I splurged on (a whole $50!) Even though their teeth chattered, the kids stayed in there for more than an hour! I doubt Guy and I will ever get as much enjoyment out of this silly little pool as these kiddoes did today. I found it comical that Ferdi is in the background.


Thanks for your interest in our little piece of Penryn. Lickery kisses from our canine kids.

No comments: