Friday, October 3, 2008

The Greenest of Pastures for LeRoi

Our sweet, stoic and determined gelding lost his battle this morning around 9:00 am. Woody and I were right by hs side. Post-trim yesterday, he was looking so bright hopeful, checking out his new feet. I knew we weren't out of the woods, but we were making progress. He laid down with Rachel and I and ate and drank... Then he strolled around checking the whole place out. It was a huge relief!

While I can't say this morning was a total surprise, I am so saddened, of course. We were walking a fine line.

At the very least, he died having been doted over and provided some of the finest care possible. He was loved and cared for.

Now there are others to tend to.

* heavy sigh *

2 comments:

wonder dog rescue said...

Oh my dear Friends. I am SO sorry that Le Roi has passed. What a wonderful, brave spirit... what he endured before being rescued is not imaginable to me.

He suffers no more.... his Spirit is at peace.

much love to you both.
linda & the wonder dogs

Meg said...

I am so sorry about LeRoi. I have been faithfully checking your blog and web page for updates on everything. I know my mom will be happy to see her friends in the pasture when she's back from her trip.